Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes for at least the first week after LASIK surgery.
Read in moderation for the first few days after your LASIK procedure.
Do not wear eye makeup for one week.
Do not rub your eyes for one month after you have LASIK.
Do you have to wear sunglasses indoors after Lasik?
For the first 24 hours after surgery, it is important that you wear your sunglasses at all times, both indoors and outdoors. For the two (2) following days, it is important that you wear sunglasses every time you go outside to protect your eyes from wind and dust. Do not drive at night with sunglasses on.
What should I avoid after Lasik?
Recommended Post-LASIK Activity Schedule
- Always avoid rubbing your eyes.
- Avoid staring without lubricating the eyes.
- Avoid watching TV or reading.
- Avoid showering (you may take a bath but avoid getting soap or water in the eyes, showering or bathing before surgery is fine).
- Avoid alcohol consumption.
Do I need to wear glasses after Lasik?
Some patients with monovision opt for driving glasses to wear at night time, but usually are free of glasses for their other needs. If your vision is not optimal after LASIK, and an enhancement is not an option, glasses or contacts may be needed to improve your vision.