Question: How Long After Retinal Detachment Surgery Can I Drive?

You may resume sexual activities about two weeks after surgery.

Someone will need to drive you home from the hospital.

Generally, driving can be resumed in several days if you have good vision in your other eye.

How long after detached retina surgery can I drive?

We advise you not to drive for two weeks after the procedure. If gas has been injected in your eye to support the retina, you will not be able to drive for about six to eight weeks.

Can you drive after retinal detachment?

CONCLUSION: Driving ability may be temporarily restricted by double vision in 15% of patients after successful buckling for retinal detachment. Permanent driving ability is mainly impaired by macular involvement in retinal detachment.

How long does it take to clear vision after vitrectomy?

After the ERM stripping, vision should improve gradually, though it may take up to three to six months for the best visual results. Studies show that about 80 to 90 percent of patients will experience visual improvement after the surgery.

How long does it take for vision to return after retinal detachment surgery?

Approximately 40 percent of patients with successfully repaired retinal detachments achieve excellent vision within six months after surgery. The remaining 60 percent attain varying degrees of vision recovery.