You can resume simple exercises, like running and lifting weights, after about two or three days following a LASIK procedure.
Still, be mindful of any discomfort in your eyes and take things slow.
For high-intensity workouts like boxing, martial arts, and football, wait at least a month after LASIK.25 Jan 2018
How long after laser eye surgery can I exercise?
You can resume exercise within a few days. Don’t allow sweat to run into your eyes, and avoid rubbing your eyes for at least two weeks. Swimming/hot tubs. Wait at least two weeks after LASIK surgery.
What should I avoid after Lasik?
Recommended Post-LASIK Activity Schedule
- Always avoid rubbing your eyes.
- Avoid staring without lubricating the eyes.
- Avoid watching TV or reading.
- Avoid showering (you may take a bath but avoid getting soap or water in the eyes, showering or bathing before surgery is fine).
- Avoid alcohol consumption.
Can you play sports after Lasik?
Jogging, Swimming, and Contact Sports After LASIK
In general, you can return to: Swimming: At least a week after surgery, and make sure not to open your eyes underwater. Contact sports: A month after LASIK, as long as you wear protective eyewear.26 Jun 2018
Can I go to the gym after laser eye surgery?
– the answer is yes! But slow and gradual is the name of the game. Here are the best rules of thumb for getting back into physical activity after laser eye surgery. We always suggest patients hold off on any form of working out for three to four days after their surgery is complete.25 Apr 2018