No, you will not be able to drive yourself home after LASIK surgery.
Aside from the vision being blurry immediately after surgery, the sedatives used to keep patients comfortable during surgery takes time to wear off, further making it unsafe for patients to drive themselves home after surgery.
How long do you have to wait to drive after Lasik surgery?
The First Weeks After LASIK Laser Eye Surgery
In general, it’s recommended that you wait one to three days after surgery before you resume low-impact sports, up to two weeks for more vigorous sports, and up to four weeks for contact sports.
Can you drive home after Lasik eye surgery?
No, you must have someone drive you home after LASIK surgery. And as the numbing eye drops used during your LASIK procedure wear off after surgery, it’s common for your eyes to be sensitive to light for a few hours, causing them to “water,” which will affect your vision.
What should I avoid after Lasik?
Recommended Post-LASIK Activity Schedule
- Always avoid rubbing your eyes.
- Avoid staring without lubricating the eyes.
- Avoid watching TV or reading.
- Avoid showering (you may take a bath but avoid getting soap or water in the eyes, showering or bathing before surgery is fine).
- Avoid alcohol consumption.